Mercury FPGA Development Board
Mercury is a powerful FPGA module packed onto a breadboard-friendly 64-pin DIP package.
- Xilinx Spartan-3A FPGA with
- 200K equivalent logic gates (XC3S200A-4VQG100C)
- or 50K equivalent logic gates (XC3S50A-4VQG100C)
- 50MHz precision crystal oscillator
- 1A 1.2V and 3.3V voltage regulators
- USB and JTAG programming
- External Memory
- 8 Mbit SPI Flash (up to 1.2Mb reserved for FPGA bitstream)
- Optional 4 Mbit external Cypress SRAM (512k x 8bit, 10ns access time)
- Input/Output Pins
- 30 GPIO pins with 5V tolerance and short-circuit protection
- 8 analog input pins (MCP3008: 200 Ksps, 10 bit ADC)
- 9 direct (high-speed) GPIO pins
- 4 LEDs with GPIO pins
- 4 input-only pins
- 1 user switch, 1 reset switch
Easy-to-use DIP package
Mercury has 64 round machine header pins in a convenient dual in-line package (DIP) format.
No proprietary expansion connectors - just drop it right into a breadboard!
Mercury is perfect for rapid prototyping, and the super tiny form-factor makes it easy to embed into a small project. We've taken care of the voltage regulators, bypass capacitors and USB configuration circuitry, freeing you to focus on your actual design!
5V analog & digital support
Most FPGA development boards are limited to 3.3V digital-only I/O, but we built Mercury with more flexibility in mind: We've included an onboard
8-channel SPI ADC (10 bit, 200 Ksps), great for interfacing with sensors or for audio input. It also has 30 pins of 5V-tolerant digital I/O, so you can safely interface TTL-level devices with the 3.3V Spartan-3A FPGA.
We've condensed Mercury onto an ultracompact 3-inch by 1-inch platform.
The dimensions of Mercury are detailed below. (Distances are in thousandths of an inch.)